Monday, April 27, 2015

Sister Nielson at the MTC

Sunday April 19, 2015, Sister Nielson, President Kim Gerke, an MTC Branch President and our Home Teacher, and Sister Laub.
A note that Ana Johnson found on her white board where she teaches at the MTC from Sister Sabrina Nielson
Two beautiful brown-eyed girls - Wednesday, April 22. Sister Nielson gives a big hug to her first cousin, Ana Johnson, who is a French and Tahitian Instructor at the MTC. Ana served her mission in Tahiti and has been a mentor to Sabrina as she prepared for her mission, including giving a series of Tips from the Mission field, which Sabrina read and took to heart! This is written letter sent home from the MTC: "Hey Y'all! (We are now saying this that because one of the Counselors in our branch lived in Georgia for 8 years and told us to say Y'all instead of guys, cause sometimes we forget to say Sisters and Elders LOL) Well, here at the MTC everyone says "Make it through Sunday!" Well, I did! Wow! When I think about the MTC it feels like I have been here for like 8 years or more! Haha. Awesome, huh? Even though it feels like forever and a day, time goes by fast, too, it's so interesting. I have no idea how that works, but it does! Anyway, the MTC is such a holy place, filled with love and the Spirit 100% of the time. What's better than that? Oh, nothing! :) I have leaned 5,000,000 X 100,000 about the gospel in just the short few days I have been here! It's crazy! But that's how the Spirit and Missionary work works! I want to share what I have come to know is so true about Mission work this week, "Ultimate exercise of agency is to give it all to Heavenly Father." I didn't really get this, but now I do! As learning my purpose as a missionary, we must learn to give 100% to God. 100% obedience, love, charity, kindness and instead of focusing inward about yourself, we need to be a character of Christ and look outward and serve and love ultimately like He did and still does! I am not going to sugar coat it, but the MTC is freaking hard. It's probably the hardest thing ever. Have I cried? Uh - yes, a lot. Have I missed home and all you? Uh - yes, but have I prayed a lot and come unto Christ when I need Him? YES! That is the only way to feel peace and comfort, relying on Christ. Man! My eyes are so opened to HIS work. I love my companion and the other two sisters! Oh my, we are all just good friends! The Elders in our district are awesome and so funny! Even though boys are boys, they are sooooo loving! They show Christlike love everyday! Our district is the best!!! We give each other compliments in the morning for one of our goals, it's so rad! It reminds me of home and I enjoy that! :) Wow I'm so glad I am here, even though sometimes it is so hard, more of it is good! Well love you all a lot! One week left! Sister Nielson." Sister Nielson with her District at the MTC Map.
This is our district at the Provo temple grounds on our Sunday temple walk, April 26 Front row: left-right is Elder Gneiting, Elder Nordin, Elder Turner back row: left-right is Sister Stradinger, Sister Laub, Me (Sister Nielson) and Sister Rinlisbacher! "April 27, 2015 Hey Everyone! I have survived one whole week at the MTC! Its crazy to think that i will be leaving tomorrow for TAL!!! We are all so so so excited!! Im ready for a change of food and to get into the field!! But this week has been good! It has had its ups and downs, but mostly ups! This week we got to start teaching a girl named Leah in TRC. She defiantly is not LDS, and she likes to study different religions!! She has been a hard investigator because all she wants us to do is Feed her the Gospel, we can teach and love her, but to come unto Christ she needs to Act. She doesnt want to, so it has been a challenge!! Teaching her was amazing, but so hard!! But the main lesson I learned while getting to know her and her religion and what she thought about missionaries, is that when you think you can't do it, you have cried multiple times for someone you barely know because all you want is the best for them, (I HAVE CRIED SO MANY TIMES) LOL! When you have prayed constantly for the spirit of love, and when you just fall to your knees and plead to feel comfort, that it is OKAY. I have also realized that Christ will always come to our level and help us up That's something we have to do as missionaries!!;) I haven't felt so much love for someone in just 3 times meeting with them, not just love but Christlike love!!She told us that we helped her heart change but in all honesty she CHANGED mine. And even though she was a pain in the butt to teach she taught me a lesson I knew I needed to be taught. I am so thankful for her, she has made me more excited to go out to the field!! This is Sister Nielson, investigator Leah and Sister Laub
This is the district and two teachers in the Center: Sister Draney on the left side and our other teacher Sister Smith on the right side! "We had a devotional this week and it was amazing!! I forgot his name but he spoke in conference, about dancing with music...anyways! He talked about how we need to gain Brain knowledge, which is learning the doctrine, Heart knowledge where we feel the Spirit and Soul knowledge where we Act upon all the feelings and things we have learned. As missionaries this is amazing and same with investigators! I loved it so much! Well I LOVED the MTC, and all the people I have met. I would love to volunteer here when I return. (It's that amazing!) :) Love, Sister Nielson"
Sister Nielson's tag and the Provo Temple. Time to say goodbye and leave for Florida - tomorrow!!!
Last day at the MTC and in front of the Provo Temple, Missionary companions Sisters Nielson and Laub will go their separate ways on Tuesday, April 28, 2015. Next stop for Sister Nielson: Tallahassee, Florida!
Left to Right: Third: All of us Girls at the temple today!!! left-right, Sis Laub, Me, Sis Rindlisbacher, and Sis Stradinger;)

No comments:

Post a Comment