Monday, May 4, 2015

Arrival in Gulf Breeze, FL

Dear Brother and Sister Nielson:
Sister Nielson arrived safely to the Florida Tallahassee Mission. We were delighted to meet her and look forward to serving together in this wonderful part of the Lords kingdom. This entire mission is truly a great place to serve and we are confident your daughter will love the area and its people. There is truly a purpose she was called here by a Prophet of God. After completing routine details and having an interview, we conducted training about matters that pertain to her faithful service as a missionary. It is our desire to do everything possible to offer leadership and support as your daughter becomes the missionary the Lord expects her to be. Foremost in our efforts will be to insure the safety and well-being of your missionary. Beyond that, we will do all possible to help her meet her potential. It is easy for us to love missionaries and yours will be no different. We will try to be the best parents away from parents possible. As you pray for your missionary, pray for us to know how best to lead and guide your daughter. Write your daughter positive letters and emails that encourage obedience, effective study, hard work, and complete devotion to God. We commend you for your willingness to send a choice daughter away for a time. Your faith and goodness is reflected in your daughter and you should be very proud of her. We know that you will be blessed through your daughters service, and your testimony will be strengthened as her testimony grows in the gospel. This is a great time to be a missionary! We look forward to serving with Sister Nielson for the next eighteen months. This is a picture of Sister Nielson with her new companion and trainer, Sister Stewart . They will be serving in Gulf Breeze, Florida. Sincerely, President and Sister Bradley J. Smith Florida Tallahassee Mission.
Florida Tallahassee Mission Home
Hey Y'all!! I am now in FL!!
Well my first area is called Gulf Breeze and honestly I might not come home because it is so freaking pretty and the weather is so Prime!!! I love it here so much, the first few days where a little rough trying to figure everything out but its going good! I love our ward. They are so cute and so fun!!
My trainer and I are so different- it's so funny. But then I'll ask her something about herself and we are like the same! It's funny! She is from Idaho! Her name is Sister Stewart and she is the bomb! Well the South is so South!! Everyone rejects you, but they are so nice about it, I hate it because you just instantly want them to hear our message but no! Everyone here is a different religion. I haven't met any Mormons just walking around.
This is Brother Ard. He isn't a Member or an Investigator, but maybe we can get him to join! It's so different!! The people we visit and I know kind of are so awesome!!! Overall I love it and the humidity is so nice!! Hahah! It's so solid!! ;) I am about 3 hours away from Tally (Tallahassee), so its not too bad.
Oh I had to ride my bike and that was SOMETHING SO SCARY. Ha-ha! But it's so flat!! Oh and it is SO FLIPING GREEN!!!! I love it here!!!
Kissing the frog - will he turn into a Prince? If so, we will teach him the gospel!
I am so grateful that the Lord put me in Gulf Breeze. I know this is where I am supposed to be and couldn't be happier. I love the Gospel and Mission Work, even when it is so hard and pretty tiring, I love it. Love Ya'all, -Sister Nielson!

No comments:

Post a Comment