Thursday, May 28, 2015

Flying Bugs, Frogs and Nice Southerners

Hi Guys,
Greetings from the Sister Missionary car in sunny Florida!! Well it is starting to be so hot here and and its not even June, but they say August is the worst month cause it’s so hot…oh, and the humidity…It’s a love-hate relationship for sure. When it’s hot it is gross, but at night it’s not too bad! But for some reason my bed gets so humid. It’s so weird.
These are my Relief Society sisters at a luncheon. Look how happy everyone is in Florida! Must be the awesome weather!
I saw this truck and couldn't help myself! Just add coconut flavor and you have my favorite drink at home, Dirty Diet Coke. Anyway, speaking about nighttime, here’s a funny story for ya’ll. So one night Sister Stewart and I are outside talking to people in neighborhoods and there are these nasty – and I mean freaking nasty bugs! They are attracted to light. Well, everyone here at night hangs out in their garages. I guess that’s a Southern thing? Well, we go up and talk to this guy and these nasty bugs – they fly and they are EVERYWHERE!! I look down and I am just getting covered. Oh HECK NO!! Good thing for frogs - there were about 5 frogs by this guy’s house eating the bugs when they land. Well, we leave and we are walking to our car and these monster bugs are once again everywhere and of course I am freaking out. So is Sis Stewart. Well, we get to our car, get in and the bugs decide to come with us. I sit down and they are in our car, how gross is this!? We both look down, look at each other, jump out of the car, open the trunk and spray each other down with bug repellent! Probably the funniest thing to see. Well we get back in and the fumes from the bug repellent are so strong in the car. It was just so funny but so bad. Well, guess what we found out they were? Oh flying termites! No biggie. Good times. Well this week has been good so far. I love you all so much! Have a blessed week, Sister Nielson.
A member took us out to dinner and we met the cutest family with the cutest baby. I will send y’all a pic so you can die because of her cuteness! Here she is. I am obsessed with this baby!!!
Above, top: Here I am jumping for joy that I get to serve in the Florida Tallahassee Mission! Above, bottom, I wrote FTM in the Florida Sugar Sand (because its is so white and beautiful!!) and added my Florida Missionary tag and made a border of my footprints. How awesome it is to be serving my mission next to by the Gulf of Mexico! It is so pretty! This week was kinda a long week, but it was still good! We have seen Max a few times this week. We gave him a baptismal date for June 27th, so we hope that he will want to stick with it. The Word of Wisdom might well be the problem, so fingers crossed and with faith, it will happen! He really is such a cool person. I love seeing him and he has lifted me and helped me tons. We have a new investigator named Lupe! We met with him and he asked us a lot of questions and it was good, I still have lots to learn but it was a good experience for both of us! He is so nice and always says how much he respects us and all. So thats good!? We went over to the Ard Family because their son Cory graduated from high school. They are not investigators but they are so nice to us and love when we visit them, so we went over and their friends and families where there. One of the friends heard the conversation we were having with Sheri Ard, so she came over and we started talking about faith and hope and how God loves everyone and I knew she could feel the Spirit because she was so in tune with us. It was so cool to feel that. I asked if I could give her a hug and she was all like, "Yes, yes I would love that!" The Southerns are just nice, good people. Well one of members in our ward named Lexi got baptized on Sunday, She is 8 now so that was awesome to see her - she is so cute! Baptisms are wonderful! Well that's all I can think of now, but thank you everyone for the love and support! God is good. I love all ya'll and each ya'll! Sister Nielson 7442 Navarre Parkway #107, Navarre, FL 32566 (Hint-hint!)
Look! I made a craft at Relief Society! "FTM" Florida Tallahassee Mission! This is our cute Sister Missionary kitchen! We keep lots of cheerful thoughts around. Have a blessed week, ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment