Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Giving Service, Activation, and Good-bye to Sister Stewart

Hi Everyone! This week has definitely been quite hard but there are always ups too!! So here goes!
Here is Sister Stewart and I finding people to teach, and along the way we found this cool mail box! It has a sailor's head above the box. The yellow house behind us has an upstairs porch that wraps around - for the sea breezes and views. It's called a French galerie. So pretty. So Florida! We got word of the transfers and guess what? I am staying here in Gulf Breeze, but guess who is leaving?!! :( Sis Stewart, my companion!! So I will get a new Trainer!! Honestly I do not know how I feel about it yet, but God knows what we both need. Am I dying and super sad? Yes!! It's crazy because we were talking about our companionship, and we both feel like we are good friends now, and now she is leaving me! We both had the hardest time sleeping last night. It's just super hard to see her leave. She loves Gulf Breeze so much and loves the people here. But I know she will bless so many others wherever she goes next. Well, this past week has been okay! A lot of our appointments fell through, so that was a bummer, but we were able to do A Lot of Service!! (Sabrina serving...? Ha-ha, right?) Actually, I am really loving it! We were able to go over to Sis Thompson's house and clean her China and her collection of glass items. She is very less active, but she CAME to church yesterday!!) So that was nice!! !
One of the members in our ward is Trena, whose mom fell and broke her leg so she is staying with Trena and her family. We were able to go over and help Trena with her mom! She is deaf but a way sweet lady! :) I got to use my Cosmo skills and do her hair in a roller set!! (Who would have thought I would be doing that here?) I am so glad I finished Cosmetology School before my mission so I have skills I can use to give service!
This is the sign of the thrift store where we give service! It is Helping Hand Missions Thrift Store.
This little gal in our ward is named Gracie! She reminds me of my niece, Issy (Isabel) so much! I love her! We have such darling children in our Primary! I let Gracie try on my missionary badge because she wants to be a Sister Missionary when she grows up!
A member took us to dinner to a place called The Horizon! The meal was so cool looking - see they hand cut a flower from a Jicama! It was so cute!
Another good thing that happened was working with this girl, Corinne, who is a cosmetologist like me. She is less active but we have so much in common that I asked her if she would come to church with us and she said she would! So hopefully she will! She is great! Well, overall this week has been good! Some ups and downs. I am nervous and excited to meet my new companion this week! Crazy that time is flying, I feel like I just got here but I am starting my second transfer!
Wow. I love this Church! I love this Mission! I love my Savior! I love Missionary work! I love the weather! I love the people! I love the South! and I love all y'all and each y'all! I LOVE Y'ALL SO MUCH!!! Thank you for all the love and support!! And since I am staying here for another 6 weeks, I would love to get a letter from each y'all! 7442 Navarre Parkway #107, Navarre, FL 32566. Have a blessed day and week! Sister Nielson!

No comments:

Post a Comment