Saturday, October 3, 2015

Week of Good Times. :) #FloridaBound

HI Everyone!
Monday! Monday was probably the LONGEST Pday of my life....well mission! :) It was a good day though! We went with Trena Smith to the Navy base in Pensacola! They have a Navel Air Museum! It was super awesome and so cool. This statue represents the guiding in of the Navy jet onto the runway strip of a naval air carrier.
We saw many different kind of planes, and I got to climb into this one. We went on a "Blue Angel" flight simulator. Yes, Sister Kinghorn and I could probably fly like the Blue Angels...Haha so fun!
Oh! We went to a lighthouse too!! SO COOL! So this lighthouse was the first one built in Florida. It has 157 steps going up, it was super windy when we got up to the top...
But the view...Oh Florida is surrounded by water! It was so beautiful that I was just speechless! I can finally say I have been inside a real lighthouse...Uh, I don't think they have them in Utah....?! So that was awesome! :) Monday = Good day :) Tuesday: Oh the bikes....we rode those things again today, thankfully it is becoming a little bit cooler and I guess "Fall" is coming? Florida Fall...haha, still warm! But today was awesome! We had a great district meeting with our Zone Leaders! Good guys! We went to see Sister Schaeffer and her husband...funny story about that. So the FedEx guy comes up to the house and they recieve these 2 BIG packages...Sister Schaeffer has no idea what she ordered, so we open them and guess what was in it...haha! The ward's order of paper towels for the meetinghouse! Ha! They showed up at her house but they were addressed to "LDS Church" Haha it was funny. Then we went to see Miss Joyce! She was a little grumpy when we saw her but it is always a good time. We shared her a uplifting thought, and then rode our bikes to the Myers' house...it was a bit away....oh the joys! Isaac is just doing awesome! He knows the Gospel so well and it is great! We are teaching Wendy is mom, and hoping things will be moving along with her. Tuesday night Sister Stubbs came to pick us up and we had a fun dinner with her and her family! Bikes = Death of me. Question of the day...Will I ever ride a bike after the mission? Answer = Probably not. :)
Wednesday: Today was great! I got this awesome package from home! It has some clothes and Scentsy fragrance wax (thanks, sis) to make our stinky apartment smell nice, and cookie mixes (thanks, mom)! so I am a happy little Sister Missionary! I have been craving sugar cookies, and now I can bake some, just like that! See our new sofa - looks so great! And see how clean we keep our missionary apartment!
And speaking of our apartment, we were given this etched glass plaque from our friend, Brian, who works at our apartment complex. How sweet, huh? It is interesting to compare our picture of the Savior, and how we envision Him, to this image on the glass plaque where he has the crown of thorns. On Wednesday we went to see Dawn, who is from England. Her husband has been in the hospital for a while now. We shared her a nice quote, then we drove to the Myers' and put our bikes on the rack on the back of our car. We got the chance to just talk to Sister Myers and had a good time. It wasn't all spiritual, but just a fun visit, and it was actually really good for both Sister Kinghorn and I. Sometimes it is good just to visit. We had dinner with the Adams, and oh man, they are the funniest people ever. I love them so much!
Wednesday night we went to the Church and sat in on a Mia Maids meeting (We might miss Young Women's just a little) :) and while we were at the meetinghouse on Ward Activity night, I got picture with Grandpa. Isn't he so cute?? He is my favorite and I love him. Overall today was just splendid! Today = Happy!!! Thursday: Well today was awesome too! We went to see Vicki. We had Vanessa come with us. We taught her the Restoration and we also watched the Restoration video! It was a good lesson. We are trying super hard to get Vicki and her boys to come to church. Well, guess what?!? Today she committed to come and promised! So that was just great! So happy and excited!
We all went to lunch at Zaxby's. It was just a great time with Vanessa! Shout out to my girl! She is going to be an AMAZING missionary!! We had our normal weekly planning session which is always just SO fun...hahah (sarcasm?) J/K, but it is good!
Thursday night Wendy came and picked us up, and we had dinner with them and I got to cut her hair! Love that I can do what I love as I help others! She is going to a conference this weekend so she wanted her hair done. :) Oh happy news! Brother Myers went to Tally and brought us back "Cookie Butter" from Trader Joe's! So wonderful! We talked about families and the Plan of Salvation. A favorite of mine. Overall Thursday was a "Blessed day" :) Friday: Oh my heavens today we ate so much junk by the end of the night we both wanted to DIE. Anyways! Friday afternoon we went to Sister Townson's house and she fed us lunch. She is less active, but loves to have us come over and share her a message! So that was great! We then went over to Patty's house, she fed us little baby cupcakes! We taught her about the Book of Mormon and what it is all about. That blue book is true! :) Happy birthday to Trena! Love you, girl! :) We went to Helping Hands and did our service, love that place with all my heart! Friday night was just fun! We went to the Wights and had pizza fun night with them,
and then after that we went to the Woolstenhulme's and had Family Fun Night with them and watched "Meet the Mormons" Good movie y'all! If you haven't seen it, it is on Netflix!! Go and watch it! :) Oh Fridays. So glorious.
Saturday: Today we went to a baptism for Cody, a boy the Elders have been teaching! It was a sweet one. Super happy and proud of him. Baptism is awesome. :) We decided to match outfits for the baptism. Here we are by the meetinghouse as twinners! We rode our bikes....hahaha again. We went to visit Paul and Paula, the couple who always gives us ice cream without fail when we see them. I have no problem with that! ;) Oh yes! Today was Women's conference! Oh my goodness I loved it so much!!! LOVE the Gospel!!! We went to Pensacola to watch it, and had dessert before with the other wards! Oh it is just amazing to have a night where the spirit is SO strong. A rush of the spirit, amazing! :) They have Krispy Kreme doughnuts here! So we had to get some :) For some reason we just ate a lot of treats this week...haha! But it was a good day! Full of the spirit and full of Love! <3 Sunday: Gotta love Sundays! We went to see Camden. It was funny because we are teaching him, and his mom who is less active knows SO much about the Gospel, she was helping us and teaching too. We had him read a little from the picture book of the B.O.M (I read the picture book a while ago and understand it so much better now.) ;) It was a fun lesson! They have a ton of little kids which makes my heart happy. We went to see Brother Dolson, Dawn's husband. He just got out of the hospital and is doing SOOOO much better! Oh we are just so happy for him!! :) Sunday night we went to dinner with the Taylor's. Love them all so much.
Sunday night we went to the Woolstenhulme's and Bro Woolstenhulme taught us about Charity and Love. It was amazing. I love my Woolstenhulme family so, so, so much. I love Sundays and I love Jesus! I love Florida, I love my mission. I am so, so, so thankful to be here. My time as a missionary is the best time. Everyday is amazing and such an adventure! :) Quote of the week by our dear late Apostle, Richard G. Scott, "I witness that the remission of sins bringeth meekness, and lowliness of heart, and because of meekness and lowliness of heart cometh the visitation of the Holy Ghost, which Comforter filleth with Hope and perfect Love." love y'all! XOXOX Sister Nielson!

No comments:

Post a Comment