Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Happy Fall Y'all

This week has been kinda just everywhere! But I am loving the weather and loving the work! :) Monday: Monday was fun!! Monday afternoon I was able to do Sister Kinghor's hair!!
Which is always a win-win for both of us, helps me keep up my skills and makes Sister Kinghorn look beautiful! ;) So we lightened her hair, and "blessed" her ends, and super a fun time! :) Monday evening was super fun! We went to the Crowell's for dinner. They are a newer family in our ward and I just love them oh so much! Their daughter is less active, but she is super sweet and it was fun getting to know her:) We went to the Woolstenhulme's to have dessert. We had smores! Mmm, super yummy! P days are just wonderful! Today was just a day of fun and feeling pretty! <3
Tuesday: Well today was our last district meeting with Elder Cody Payne (second from right). He is so ready to leave, but he couldn't leave without a going away party, so we all had a district breakfast, before district meeting, which was fun! We watched "Johnny Lingo" If you haven't seen it...look it up and watch it! Super funny..."8 cows, Mr. Harris" Tuesday afternoon, We went to see Joyce. Her son Max, the one we were teaching who has MS, is going down hill, it has been super hard for her, but Joyce is learning faith and relying on God to help her. I am thankful for her example to me of going forward with life, even when it is hard. She is awesome. We went to see the Cooper's, and our lesson was on the Ten Commandments! I always say this, but kids - they just GET it. They understand the Gospel. Oh it just makes me happy. I love the Cooper's. I love all of them so much. We had dinner with the Stubbs, which was fun! We had breakfast! Gotta love those kind of dinners, ya!!? ;) Overall today was a good day! Shout out to Elder Payne!! You are an awesome missionary and I will miss you, thank you for teaching me! GB will miss you! Wednesday: Today was rough, sometimes all you want to do is do nothing on missions?! I don't know why we feel like this, but sometimes we just do, but we overcame the struggle and the work moves forward! This morning Sister Kinghorn and I were able to just talk, sometimes we like to say..." A companionship is like a dang relationship" It really is, it is funny, but I am so thankful for Sister Kinghorn! She is so awesome, I just love her forever!! <3 Bikes...We rode our Bikes.....(Joy) We went to see Nana, Sister Smith's mom, who is not a member. She fell a few weeks ago and got pretty hurt, so we visited with her, which was good! We went to Sister Scheaffer, which is good - we love, love visiting her! :) We were able to do some Family History with her, which is good because we can all learn together! :) Wednesday late afternoon we went with our other Sisters to get some frozen yogurt, they were having a hard day so they invited us to come! Wednesday night was fun! We went out with the Taylor's to a pizza place (always love going out) our members are just SO good to us. We were able to teach the YW's how to make crepes. Well...actually Sister Kinghorn taught them and I was there for moral support! ;) I love our YWs! It kinda makes me miss YWs<3 Thursday: Today I hit my 6 month mark on the mission!! Crazy, I feel like I JUST got here..I don't know, maybe I did, but I still say i am new! ;) Time is going by so fast, it is just scary!! But I am thankful for the time that I do have! :) Thursday morning we were able to go to Pensacola to help with the Bishop Store House, always a great way to do service! We were able to meet our new Elder in our district! He is brand new, fresh from the MTC! His name is Elder Jenkins, and we are excited to get to know him! :) Thursday afternoon we did our normal weekly planning which is great! Gotta love weekly planning...ha!
We had dinner with the Myers', Sister Myers and Lauren took us to the beach...
Oh, can I just talk about the beach for a hot minute!? The sunset on the water....oh pictures do not do justice! If you ever get the chance to come to FL, it is a must to go to the beach in the evening...one word...Breathtaking. <3 Friday: Friday was good! We went to see Vicki, and it is awesome, she is coming along! Since I have been here, I have come to see her really grow. That is the beautiful thing about this Gospel, all we do is continue to grow. We were able to talk and share why it is so important to go to church! Oh church, is just a happy place! A place to remember our Savior. We went to see Joyce again. We gave her a picture of Christ and she put it up on one of Max's walls. It was so funny - she was saying that everywhere she looked Jesus was ALWAYS looking at her! Isn't that just so great?!;) We are helping or trying to get Joyce to stop smoking so hopefully this picture of Christ always looking at her will help. :) We went to help at Helping Hands - sure do love that place! It is a great place to just talk to people about the Gospel. Love it. Friday night we had dinner with the Wight's! Oh I just love love them! Their kids, Aiden and Sophia, are just so cute! The Wight's are excited for the official adoption day, and when they will have the chance to be sealed all together. :) It just makes me sooooo happy. :) Saturday: Saturday was good! Sister Kinghorn and I were able to take some time to prepare for our lesson for Sunday. We are teaching Relief Society! Scary huh!? It went good! We saw the Cooper's where we talked about personal prayer and how prayer works. I have come to learn that prayer really does work! It is great! :) We went to see Carlos! Carlos the one we met a few weeks ago, he got a job! Woot! Prayer does work! :) We went to see Brother Dolson. He was SO tired that he kept falling asleep which was funny, but he sure is awesome. Saturday night we had dinner with the Marshall's! It was great, we were able to talk about Conference and how to keep what we were taught in our lives. :) Saturday = A good day!
Sunday: Oh the joys of Sunday! We went to our ward council meeting. We usually have ward counsel twice a month or so, and I sure do love those meetings! Shout out to Elder Hatori, for a killer talk about missionary work! :) As mentioned already, Sister Kinghorn and I were able to teach Relief Society. It is kind of scary to teach women who are older and wiser and probably know more about the Gospel than you do, but it went well! We taught about "Feeding My Sheep." Such a good lesson for missionaries to teach! A quote that we passed out at the end of our lesson..."We must all learn to be true shepherds. We must manifest the same love to other that the Good Shepherd has for all of us. Each soul is precious to Him." The lesson was just a good reminder to reach out to those in need, especially those who are lost, to help them come back. Thankful to have the wonderful opportunity to teach! Sunday afternoon, we did some of our own FH. I was able to learn how to index. I am slowly learning more and more, and my testimony about FH is growing. I am convinced that my sweet Grandma Johnson, who recently passed is helping my testimony grow. I am so thankful for her and also faith in FH. Sunday night was fun! We had a fun dinner with the Bradbury's! Brother Bradbury is deployed but now only has about 3 months left! Wooohoo! Sunday night we went over to the Woolstenhulme's. We love that family a lot. Brother Woolstenhulme taught us all about Light, and how our light can come and go, sometimes it is bright and other times it is dim, but with Christ our light can always become brighter. I sure do love that! Sundays are one of my favorite days. It used to not be, but I have come to love Sundays, and thankful for a day to remember our Savior. I am so thankful for this Church. My testimony is simple. This church is true. I love it. Every day I strive to live what I know to be true. I love my Savior. He is there for all of us. I know the Book of Mormon to be true. I am thankful for Christ's words in it. I am so thankful for our prophet, what an true man he is. I am so thankful for missionary work, every day is worth it. Every hard day is worth it and the people here are worth it. I am so thankful for all the support and love I have from everyone, especially my family. I wouldn't be here without them. I love y'all so much! I hope everyone has a great week! <3 XOXOX, Sis Nielson

No comments:

Post a Comment