Monday, February 29, 2016

Odd..but Good

This is our Senior Couple, Elder and Sister Dalley. They left to go home this week. They were so wonderful to work with here at the FSU Institute and FH Center. We wish them well in their future. Senior couples are so great - and so important to missionary work!
Something Good: This week has just been Odd..but Good. If two words could describe our week that would be the words! So on campus we usually OYM (Open Your Mouth) people, which means we go up to people and just start conversations and talk to them. Well, this week we have been approached! Which let me tell ya...NEVER happens. But it has been a huge blessing!! Just yesterday we where walking to go get something to eat and we see this girl and say hi to her and tell her that her dress is super cute, (it really was) ;) and she asks if we can talk for a minute. So we go over to her and she asks us if we could come to her apartment and talk with her. YES! So random...but we go over to her house and get to know her and boom! At the end, we shared her the Book of Mormon, and she wants to start reading it with us. This week we have seen that there are just people ready to hear the message of the Gospel, our job is just to be in the right place and the right time to find them. The Spirit is good! :)
So Sister Beal and I are proud owners and wearers of FSU sweatshirts! I will be wearing this often in the next few years to remind me of the oh-so-awesome time at Florida State University!You might say we are FSU Sisters! We had this amazing lesson with Jose, we had a lesson with him about fasting, and at the end he told us that he strongly believes that his prayer has been answered about what he should do,which is to fast. So he is going to fast this week! The Spirit has been working with us so much this week, and it has been awesome because one of the goals that Sis Beal and I had was to be able to recognize the Spirit as he helped us in our lessons. It really has been amazing. Another cool moment! A few weeks ago we met a guy named Jacob and invited him to do Family History. Well, we had one lesson with him, and we got stuck and couldn't find who his great, great grandfather was, so he told us that maybe we could try again later. Well, this week we met with him and we were still stuck, so we sat there for a minute and didn't know what to do. So I said a quick prayer in my heart asking for anything to help us, and boom! An idea popped into my head to look into Ancestry, so I go onto it and start digging and guess what!? We FOUND out who his great great grandpa is, which led us to so much more information! So, so, so happy! It was just amazing, the Spirit, once again! Killin' it! So even though this week has been different than most, it definately has been a Blessed Week. :) Good moments, with the Spirit. :)
Something Funny: Did y'all know that I am short? I mean really, really short? Or maybe I just look short next to Willey. He is super tall and super awesome. Talking about a random week, well there was a random funny moment on campus! Let me tell you...So we went on campus just to talk to people, I see this girl just standing by the bushes, so I go over to her to see what she is doing, well she just tells me she is just waiting for her friend to come back, so our conversation keeps going. I tell her about the church and missionaries and all that good stuff. Well her friend comes back with a bucket and a lid, I was so confused..and he goes over to the bush we are standing by and I look over and there is an OWL ON THE GROUND, RIGHT NEXT TO ME!! I freaked out for a hot minute and then I started laughing because the WHOLE time I had no idea there was an owl by me just laying on the bushes and the girl who I was talking to was making sure it wouldn't fly away till her friend could catch it and have it rescued. So random..and the owl, it was HUGE. Super thankful it didn't try to attack me. :) Those 20 minutes of my life that day was very interesting you could say. ;)
Here I am in the Institute kitchen cutting Kegan's hair. You can see he does not have a lot on the top of his head, but oh! That beard! We have done FH work with Kegan.
And speaking of beards...as you can see they are really in fashion here in Florida. Okay, so all these guys play basketball by the church, and we see them ALL THE TIME, so we had to take a cool picture with them, cause we love them! :) Something learned: Just go with the Flow. Sometimes in life random stuff happens to us, but hey! Just go with the flow. This week has just been super odd but just good. Sometimes we make plans and they don't work out, but Heavenly Father knows what He is doing. I guess I really just learned that yes, it is good to have plans to help us throughout our day, but sometimes what we plan isn't exactly what we will be doing, but everything does work out. Goals can be accomplished even in ways we don't expect. I am grateful for the Gospel, it is such an amazing thing we have in our lives. Thank y'all for all the support and love you give me!! I sure do love y'all!!!
Have a great week and remember...Make Jesus Decisions, they are the best ones we can make. :) -Sis Nielson

No comments:

Post a Comment