Friday, September 9, 2016

There was a Hurricane?


Something Good: Well to start off, y'all! We are safe and sound! There was a hurricane here, but good news it did not hit the beach! So that was great! I know it hit some other places in the mission, but everyone is good and doing well :) 
In Bristol, FL escaping the tropical storm. Seven Sisters for a day!
We got a call this week at like 6:30 am saying that we needed to leave the beach and head to Bristol because of the hurricane! So we spent a day there with 5 other sisters which was super fun! We literally did nothing for a day, I was about to die because I was so bored, but thankfully we where able to go back to PCB the very next day :) 


Besides all that crazy stuff, we still had another wonderful week on the beach! First! Garvin's son Brandon (who I adore so much!) he has been going through a few hard things in his life and this week he asked for a blessing! Which was awesome, because he never has been so opened with that kind of stuff. Blessings are wonderful. :) Another awesome thing! Sister Dann! Oh man, she is just amazing!!! She is really trying so so hard to come back and doing wonderful. Every lesson we have with her just keeps becoming better. It is so sweet, she looked at me the other day and said..."I know that I knew you in the premortal life, I just know it." Y'all my heart about melted into a lot of pieces. <3 

Result of running in the warm Florida rain?  WET!
We had a BIG rain storm here...so we decided to go run in it in our pros clothes...it was fun! ;)

Michael at the Orlando Temple


























Below is a picture Michael, our recent convert, gave me of his trip to the Orlando Temple to do baptisms for the dead. So happy for him!!! Isn't this a beautiful temple!! I can't wait to go to the temple. In fact, at my request, I have permission to go to the Provo City Center Temple on the day I get home from my mission before I am released. I sooooo want to go to the temple while I am still a missionary!! I love the temple!
 Brother and Sister Fast, Sister Law and Sister Nielson at the beach! Try to not be jealous!

A Tender Mercy: So this actually happened this morning!! Brother and Sister Fast took us to the beach at like 6 am this morning to watch the sunrise, so we were all there and this random guy comes behind us, so I tell him to photo bomb our picture...so he does and that was that! Well like 20 minutes later we went to IHop and guess who came in!!? The dude from the beach! So we say hi to him, and figure out who he really is. His name is Brett! Well later Brett came right back to our table, asked if he could sit down and talk to us, so he does. He started to ask us all about our beliefs in prayer. (Okay, y'all this does not happen every single day!!) so we all had this wonderful missionary moment and helped Brett understand a little more who we are, and gave him our names...because he might have thought our names were...Jesus Christ. Haha, it's the tags. Lol. Anyways! It was a little sweet moment! 
That's my tiny body shooing the seagulls at sunrise on the beautiful sugar sand of Panama City Beach, FL

Along the Panama City Beach at Sunrise. What a nice way to reinvigorate the soul at the start P-Day!  Thanks, Papa and Mama Fast!!

Something Learned: Okay, so my lovely companion, Sister Law, this week in district meeting taught about using the Book of Mormon with the people we are teaching. And shoot! It was so good!! I just learned a ton from her! So grateful. The thought came to my mind, how can I better use the Book of Mormon in my daily life? How can I share it with more people? We have a book full of truth, it is literally a testament of our Savior Jesus Christ.  Who wouldn't want to read it? Anyways! I just am so grateful for this sacred book, it is very special to me, and I adore reading it on the daily. "The Central Purpose of The Book of Mormon. It is the Testament of Jesus Christ. Of more than 6,000 verses in the Book of Mormon, far more than half refer directly to Him." -Pres Boyd K. Packer. He said enough, this book is truly about Him. If you haven't read it...READ IT. :)

-Love y'all friends!
Nielson. 

No comments:

Post a Comment