Monday, September 19, 2016

Treasures

Okay, gotta share this funny story: So we went to the gas station to get gas, and then we went inside to get a few things and we come back outside and this man, a very tall and a little scary looking man is leaning on our car with his drinks...so both Sis Law and I think he is going to come at us, so we are trying to act cool walking back to our car and he notices that it is OUR car that he is leaning on...and he's all like..."Oh dang it, is this your silver car!?? " Yeah, that is our car..." "That is so embarrassing!!!" It was SO funny, he thought he was at his car...haha nope! Lucky that he was actually super nice and didn't beat us up. ;)
Sisters Nielson and Law at Zone Conference
Something Good: Anyways! This week was awesome!!!! We had an amazing Zone Conference with President and Sister Smith, something that I LOVED that President taught was, he was teaching from the scriptures and pulled out both the Book of Mormon and the Bible and he said..."The Bible is about WHAT Jesus Christ did, and the Book of Mormon is about WHY he did it. Doesn't that just make sense!! I love that. I love having time to learn and grow from those around me and especially from our awesome Mission President! 

Teaching Miss Pamela about Baptism and the Holy Ghost
This week we where able to do some cleaning and service for our Miss Pamela Hale. She needs some extra prayers, she has been going through some hard challenging things, but she still has such a strong spirit and wants to keep going and learning. She has taught me so much about endurance, and that no matter what, we can press forward with God's help.

This is Steven, the young man who came to Church!


Also! Random! We went to Wendy's one day and invited a kid named Steven to come to church and he came!! It was awesome! He speaks French, and Haitian, and we are planning to meet with him again!! :)
Paul and Paula came to visit us from Gulf Breeze!

A Tender Mercy: So 2 of my FAVORITE people in the whole wide world came to visit me and Sis Law!! Paul and Paula!! A little shout out to them, for coming and just loving me!! These two, have touched my life so much, and I am so grateful for the time that I had in Gulf Breeze to teach them and to love them. 
I am so happy for the progress Paul and Paula are making as members!
They have come such a long way in the Gospel and are loving every minute of it. I am just so proud of them and the progress they have made since joining the church. It was such a blessing to see them this week. :) I LOVE YALL.<3

Something Learned: Another thing learned from Zone Conference, some of the sisters taught and they talked about having "Confidence in Christ." It was really something that I needed to hear and to grasp. I really learned that we are all so different from each other, but just like the story book.."You are Special" we are made and created by our Maker and he has made us different for a reason and a purpose and sometimes it can be hard, we can compare ourselves or think negative about ourselves, but what really matters is what Heavenly Father thinks and that is, that he truly loves us for us. We are all so special to him. We had a moment to read in the scriptures and just ponder about having Confidence in Christ and I opened to a scripture talking about how the Gospel is a treasure to us, and how it can be a light to guide us if we use it. And it really hit me that I Sister Nielson really am a Treasure to God, even though he has so many jewels, and so many children, he knows me and loves me and has given me the Best treasure in the world, and that is our Savior Jesus Christ. I hope that y'all know that each of you, whoever reads this, is a treasure to our Heavenly Father and that he loves you and knows you perfectly, even when we feel we aren't, we are. :)  

Isn't the Gospel so cool!?! We are BLESSED. 
LOVE Y'ALL MY FRIENDS. <3

-Sis Nielson.


No comments:

Post a Comment