Sunday, October 23, 2016

18 Months


18 months 



Happy 18 months on my mission to me! What a great experience!


Something Good:


So this past week has been pretty peachy! First! We went on exchanges with the Calloway sisters! I was with Sister Call in Calloway..and let me tell ya..it is like a WHOLE new world there than the beach, but we had a great time and I just love and adore her! I love to meet new people; it is wonderful! It was nice to be in a different area for just a day, but it was good to be back home on the beach. :) A funny though, while we where on exchanges..Sis Law and Sis Crosby went to one of the most expensive places on the beach to eat dinner with a LA named John..and while I was in Calloway we had Subway sandwiches..ha ha! The day I am gone for a single day, they have the best dinner appointment ever. Haha! #Missionlife. Anyways! We have had some good lessons with LA's that we are working with! We were able to pick up on of our former gators, so that is great! :) Also, to celebrate my 18 months on the mish, I burned 4 skirts that I would never wear again because they had been worn so much that they were super gross. So that was fun! ;) Overall a good week! :) 
Tender Mercy:

A cool little thing that happened to Sis Law and I was on Monday night we decided to contact referrals and none of them were home. As we were driving our car tire pressure sign popped up, saying that our tire was low, so we decided to go fill it up. We get to the gas station and don't really know how to do it.Well this guy drives up in a jeep and sees us struggling, and asks if he could help us. It turns out to be that we had to go to a different gas station but he let us follow him there so he could help us. He paid for the air in our tires and was so nice and so helpful. We decided to give him a book of Mormon and a pass along card...and we came to find out that he did a whole report on Joseph Smith (but never had read the book of Mormon) for his Master's degree and dated a Mormon girl who wanted to get married in the temple! What are the ODDS!?! He told us he was Christian, and that he had twin daughters our age and if they where ever in our situation he would hope someone would help them like he helped us. We invited him to read the Book of Mormon and promised him that he would see a blessing in his life for helping us that night. We told him that the Book of Mormon would bless him, too, and that we would follow up and text him Sunday night to ask him what tender mercy or blessing he saw that week. We followed up with the text and he was actually really surprised that we even remembered, but he did see a few blessings this week! So we are hoping we can see him again! It was awesome!! Something with our car y'all - it seems that when something goes wrong with it that it always turns out to be a good thing. :)



With Sister Call in Calloway for a day!
 

We go to see Miss Alice! Many people retire to Florida  and we are so lucky to get to teach some of them!

Something Learned:
This week I have really looked back the 18 months that I have been able to serve, and wow, I am just so thankful and so happy that I have been in Florida. I would not trade it for anything. I have been thinking about the things I have learned and the moments that have impacted my life because of this mission, and I cannot express my gratitude enough to my Heavenly Father for everything that he has let me do and the experiences that he has let me have so far. One of the most important things I have learned about missionary work is Christlike Love. I have come to see the blessings of loving everyone, no matter who they are or what they do. I really know that the Spirit works only with love and gentleness and kindness and goodness. I am SO thankful for this mission that I have been able to be a part of - it really is the Lords mission, and I am just his little helper! So thankful I still have time to be here! :) The FTM is the best mission in the world! Sorry y'all who are in other missions. ;) "The Work of our Missionaries is a Magnificent Expression of our Lord's Redeeming Love." I sure do believe that! :)

Love y'all friends!

Sis N


No comments:

Post a Comment