Thursday, October 20, 2016

Half Mission Conference

Half Mission Conference and happy reunions with some awesome missionaries:
Sister Kinghorn my babyyy!! I love you boo thing!!!!
The only Sister Stradds!!! (Stradinger) from the MTC!
Something Good: So funny story about being short...We had a half mission conference with Elder and Sister Sitati this week, which was AMAZING by the way! Anyways, Sis Sitati was talking about having good relationships with your companions, she asked us to share comments about how our companions help us, so I shared a story about how Sis Law and I are kinda short and small and that we where going to go see someone and Sis Law had a strong impression that we needed to leave, so we left, so my comment was that companions can help us to be physically safe, even though we are "fun size." So after the meeting, we ran into Elder Sitati and he said hi to us and said,"So you're the short ones." Hahaha! It was funny, but he is right! We are the short ones! ;) But man, this week was another week full of spiritual growth and spiritual happiness! Something I loved that Elder Sitati shared was that our purpose as missionaries is to be diligent, to study and to practice. I feel like the more I study intensely the more the Spirit will teach me new things. Some other good things! We had a wonderful stake conference too! Again we where able to hear from Elder and Sis Sitati! It was great! 

At Half Conference with Sister Lehman! Sure love her!

This week has just been full of tender mercies and blessings. I am so thankful for the Gospel and the truth and happiness it brings to my soul. :) Something sweet, my RC (recent convert), Michael, sent a text to our phone this week and it said.." Sad to see you go, for now. Hope your last month here in this mission is wonderful." He just makes me happy. PCB has the best people in Florida. Another good fun thing I was able to do this week was color Tamera's hair! She is less active, but we were able to do her hair and it was so fun!! :) This week was just the bomb. 
These are photos (above and below) of my missionary friends at Half Mission Conference!
Elder Atu, a friend from the beginning of my mission
Elder Baldwin - He's a homie, too! (from Utah)
A Tender Mercy: The more we look for the tender mercies in our lives, the more we find them. A sweet little tender mercy this week was our lesson with Sister Dann. We where supposed to go and pick her up, but we where running about 30 minutes late...(of course:P) So she decided to walk home in the dark! Scaryy! So we went to her work to try to find her, and she wasn't there, so we decided to drive around to find her! And we found her! So we were able to have a great lesson with her. She is a blessing in my life. :) I am grateful for all the wonderful people that we have the chance to work with every week. They are all amazing to me! Another tender mercy: 
Teaching Pamela about the connections of the Gospel of Christ

Listening to Pamela Hale
These photos of Pamela Hale were taken on October 6 when we visited her and taught her in the hospital. 

She is now in rehab and doing well. She is still planning on October 29 as her baptism date!

That will be a great going home present for me, as my flight is on November 3. I am praying she will be well enough for her baptism. 

She is such a darling lady, and has been such a joy to teach. I have learned that everyone needs the gospel, young or old, and no matter what their situation in life. 

In Preach My Gospel is says 'People become converted as they live the principles they learn and feel the Spirit confirm that what they are doing is pleasing to their Father in Heaven."

I have seen that this is true as I have witnessed people accept the doctrine, and live the principles of the Gospel. It is so wonderful!
On the PCB pier with Jeanette




It has been so wonderful to be in this beautiful part of the United States. We had the opportunity to go to the Panama City Beach pier with less actives, Greg and Jeanette and get these very cool photos taken along the PCB Pier.

It makes me realize why people want to come visit Panama City Beach, or move here when they retire. It is so incredibly beautiful. I can now say I have been to or on!) the Gulf of Mexico! This is surely one of God's most beautiful creations!
Now this is something I will never see in Utah! A pelican waiting for a catch!
Isn't he so cute?! And see how far out we are from the shore! Amazing!!
A dolphin! How cool is that!!! Coming home to the cold of Utah in November from the warmth of the Florida panhandle may not be a culture shock, but it will definitely be a climate shock! The Gulf of Mexico is stunning from Panama City Beach!
Something Learned: Ah! Honestly I don't even know where to start, I have learned so much this week!! But a few things that have really stuck out to me are what President Smith taught at Half Mission Conference. He used an analogy about football and how the receiver is always bound to be hit when he catches the ball, and just like spiritually when we receive a spiritual high, we are also bound to be hit, too. Sometimes the adversary will hit us with not so happy things to try to tear us down from the spiritual highs we receive, but it is our choice to choose whether we will lay on the ground or wither we will get up and run with it. It just hit my mind and made 100% sense to me! So awesome. 

Overall this week was probably one of the best weeks we have had for quite sometime! I am so thankful and so happy. I love the Lord. He is so good to me. 

The Gospel is true, it has become so true and so real to me. I love it with all that I have. :) 

Stay peachy y'all. 🍎🍁🌿🍂🍏
-Sis Nielson





No comments:

Post a Comment