Friday, January 29, 2016

Tender moments that make walking and talking all day worth it!

Something Good: Hello!! This week has been great! But to start off, let me just tell you, campus life is hard...we get rejected A LOT. We walk and talk a lot which is tiring, but I am learning to love it, because with a good attitude and the Spirit, we are led to those who are prepared! So to help my companion talk to people, we do something called divide and conquer. It is a lot more effective and we both go and talk to people within sight and sound of each other. ;) I went up to a guy named Jose, and started talking to him. He was super nice and so friendly, and we start talking about the Church and he asks me how I felt when I knew the Church was true. So I told him that the Spirit touches my heart and I just feel happy. Well, he told me that a few months ago he really wanted to know if Heavenly Father loved him. So he asked God, and he said he felt the same feelings that I felt! It was so cool because the Spirit was helping both of us learn and grow. At the end of our conversation, he told me he believes things happen for a reason and that there is a reason why I talked to him. So we are going to start teaching him this week! So happy and so thankful for the Spirit for guiding me to Jose! :) We have had some awesome lessons this week! One was with a girl named Brittany I found just on Tuesday! She told us that we have this spirit about us that she just loves so much. She is just so cool! She is so open and so loving! Missionary work is all about just being yourself and being real with people. :) Alan our "gator" is still planning to be baptized in about a month! We went over the baptism questions and he is just SO ready! I am so excited for him!! I have seen so many miracles on campus this week! There are people ready!! I love it!! This week we also had this wonderful worldwide Missionary Training about how to "Teach Repentance and Baptize Converts." It was Amazing!! We were able to hear from Elder Anderson, Elder Oaks, Elder Nielson, Elder Bednar, Sister Oscarson, Pres. Clayton and one more I think! They taught us so many things and it was amazing!! :) So thankful for all the leaders of the Church to teach us and guide us!
So we decided to give Sister Hall's hair a new "do." It's called a Pixie Cut!
And here is the "evidence" that I cut her hair! She looks so cute! I hope this new haircut will boost her confidence to talk to people on campus. She is so awesome!
Here I am with my girl, Sister Vailea! Look, we match! This photo is taken at the FSU Insti- tute!
So this is a picture at the Institute with Sister Hall, me and KC, who did not want her photo taken! Hahaha!
So our foursome Sisters have a great time together! Here is a car selfie and you can tell we are having fun together! I love serving with these awesome Sisters. Something Funny: So one morning we decide to go running with the other Sisters, and I am jogging and roll my ankle again!! Another time this week I hit my heel against something and now my heel is forming a bruise which kills to walk on! I think Heavenly Father is letting me experience just a little of what the pioneers felt, which is humbling for sure! My feet are not liking this area one bit, but we all laugh because we all think I am bound to break my ankle sooner or later, so y'all pray that it doesn't happen! ;) Another funny story! So we are waiting and looking for this girl on campus because we have a lesson with her and I am sitting just waiting and this guy comes up to me and asks me if I want a rose...I bust up laughing because..Uh, Hi! I am a missionary! He gives it to me anyway and walks away. Oh the Campus life! It is just wonderful! It is funny to be around so many kids my age. I just can't help but laugh to myself! Sure am loving Campus!!! #Nolesforever
So here we are with our RC (Recent Covert) Q, in the Institute kitchen. He is such a funny, awesome guy! Something Learned: Everyday when we go out to campus the Fear of Man hits me SO hard!! I think I will always be scared to talk to people. But campus is teaching me that it doesn't matter if I am scared or if I will mess up when I talk to people. No, all I need to do is gain just 20 seconds of courage and open my mouth like crazy! There are people everywhere and I am learning that if I can just be myself and be open, then miracles do happen, Sometimes it is hard to find people, but if we are doing what we are supposed to be doing, we will be lead to the one who is open to hear the Gospel. :) Each day I am learning more about who I am as a person, what God needs me to do and what He needs me to learn. Missions are dang hard, but every second and minute is worth it. I love the Gospel. I love the work. I love this new trial I am facing everyday, because I am learning. It is true what they say..."They never said it would be easy, but that it would be worth it." I am convinced that is true. I love the Lord, and I love being a missionary! I am feeling good! it is definitely cold because this humidity is the worst - it sinks into your skin! Haha! Oh it is wonderful!:) Thank y'all for everything!! Have a good week!! #Moroni8:25-26:) "25 And the first fruits of repentance is baptism; and baptism cometh by faith unto the fulfilling the commandments; and the fulfilling the commandments bringeth remission of sins; 26 And the remission of sins bringeth meekness, and lowliness of heart; and because of meekness and lowliness of heart cometh the visitation of the Holy Ghost, which Comforter filleth with hope and perfect love, which love endureth by diligence unto prayer, until the end shall come, when all the saints shall dwell with God." Now THAT'S something to look forward to!! Love y'all!! -Hermana Nielson (Ha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment